- When you're not wearing your jewelry you should keep them in a safe and secure place, like your bedroom.
- Do not keep your jewelry in the bathroom because all of the moisture from your shower and sink will make them tarnish extra quickly.
- Jewelry boxes are a great place to keep your jewelry, but you should keep in mind that it does not protect from tarnishing and oxidation.
- Avoid direct contact with water and chemical products e.g. soap, perfume, abrasive products.
- Do not wear jewelry when in the swimming pool, jacuzzi, sauna/steam room or while bathing or showering.
- Chlorine, detergents, oils, moisturizers & perfumes can all cause tarnishing and damage.
- Remove jewelry when doing household tasks.
- Avoid impact with hard surfaces as much as possible.
- Make-up, perfume & hairspray all contain chemicals, which may dull the finish of your jewelry.
- Gently wipe jewelry clean with a soft cloth after each wear to remove makeup and oils (from skin).
- Coil chains gently to prevent damage in storage.
- Don’t yank or pull chains.
You should treat your jewelry like any other wardrobe item.
Clothes and shoes must be maintained ie. washed, new soles, cleaned, repaired etc.
The same goes for jewelry.
The Gold Plating must get a new gold layer on when needed, and it is advised to check locks and clasps for firmness.
MÉRBABE does not guarantee that its Gold Plated jewelry will last forever.
Gold Plated pieces are, by default, more fragile and liable to lose their color overtime.
The speed at which the gold plating fades will depend on multiple variables from chemical products used for skincare, level of perspiration or even your natural skin PH.
For this reason, it is particularly important to take special care of your Gold Plated jewelry.